Blending - On site blending is in operation though three dedicated lines;
coloured, white and speciality blends - Oils and additives can be applied to blends to specification
- All types of staple fibre can be accommodated - Dedicated white production line ensures yarns are
colour contamination free - Colour alterations / additions all done on site.
Carding - Seventeen 60 inch carding machines with huge flexibility on batch size -
3 metre carding machine for larger batch sizes. This card has the latest technology giving high quality yarns
- Expertise in carding facilitates efficient processing of a wide range of fibres from fine lambs wool
and cashmere blends through to heavy count double condensed yarns.
Spinning - Spinning plant includes 15 traditional woollen spinning frames enabling flexibility
- A mecatronic machine enables production of volume lots - The largest spinning frame has a central headstock with 386 spindles, making it one of the
biggest plants in Europe.
Winding - Thermal splicing Savio winder gives splices of superior strength and minimal visibility
- Advanced yarn clearers to ensure yarn is fault free - Yarn available on cones for package dyeing or steamed with a base size to suit the creel and end use
- A commission winding service is available - Facilities to assembly wind up to 8 ends onto cheeses for further processing into twisted yarn.
Twisting - Volkmann 2 for 1 twister with a capability to handle a range of natural and synthetic fibre yarns
- Commission twisting service for packages to specified weight or base size - 8 ends can be plied together.
Steaming - Yarns can be steamed to customers specification - Single or double steam options - Commission yarn facility is available.
Quality Assurance / Colour Matching - Production staff have undergone in house quality training to ISO 9001 - Rigid procedures and specification are in place
to ensure a high quality yarn production - Laboratory facility has the capability of matching new colours, development work etc. - Routine testing includes; colour passing, strength, count, twist, composition etc.