• On site blending is in operation through three dedicated lines: coloured, white and speciality blends.
• Oils and additives can be applied to blends according to specification.
• All types of staple fibre can be accommodated.
• Dedicated white production line ensures yarns are colour contamination free.
• Colour alterations/additions all done on site.
• Seventeen 60-inch carding machines with huge flexibility on batch size.
• 3 metre carding machine for larger batch sizes. This card has the latest technology giving high speed/ high quality yarns.
• Expertise in carding facilitates efficient processing of a wide range of fibres from fine lambs wool and cashmere blends through to heavy count double condensed yarns.
• Spinning plant includes 15 traditional woollen spinning frames enabling flexibility.
• A mecatronic machine enables production of volume lots
• The spinning frame has a central headstock with 386 spindles, making it one of the biggest plants in Europe .
• Murata winding machinery for single yarns gives yarn splicing of superior strength and minimal visibility.
• Advanced yarn clearers to ensure the yarn is fault free.
• Yarn available on cones for package dyeing or steamed with a base sizes to suit the creel and end use.
• A commission winding service is available.
• Facilities to assembly wind up to 8 ends onto cheeses for further processing into twisted yarn.
• The unit is equipped with yarn clearing devices to ensure high quality yarns.
• Assembly winding is available on a commission basis.
• Volkman 2 for 1 twister with a capability to handle a range of natural and synthetic fibre yarns.
• Commission twisting service for packages to specified weight or/and base size.
• Facility for applying finishes to yarns, including; wax for knitting, etc.
• Up to 8 ends can be plied together.
• Yarns can be steamed to customers' specification.
• Single or double steam options.
• Commission yarn facility is available.
QUALITY ASSURANCE/PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT/COLOUR MATCHING
• Production staff have undergone in house quality training to ISO 9000.
• Rigid procedures and specification are in place to ensure a high quality yarn production.
• Laboratory facility has the capability of matching new colours, development work, etc.
• Routine testing includes; colour passing, strength, count, twist, composition, etc.